Hey, y’all I am Brooke, owner of Brooke Elise Creative and I’m so excited to share my first blog post with you guys and tell you a little more about my life and the startup of my business.
I’m a curly-headed, family-centered girl raised in Aiken, South Carolina. Growing up, I always gravitated towards the arts. I was that kid who was found in my sister’s tediously color-coordinated beads (sorry Brittaney) and doodling the borders of all her class notes. But it wasn’t until high school that I discovered a love for documenting my surroundings. I was passed down an old Nikon D1500. Automatic mode and all, I found myself getting ALL of my friends to have “backyard sessions” in the surrounding woods of my house. I had no idea what I was doing, but it was liberating. I captured flowers, mountain scenes, people, pets…anything I could put my lens on. I landed on Visual Arts at the University of South Carolina Aiken, after trying my hand at Business Marketing. Something kept pulling me back to fine arts, and I decided I would pursue it with everything I had. I dove into all of the on-campus programs and realized my passion was for graphic design and photography. I was blessed to have the most generous professors who fueled my desire to do and be better every class project and assignment.
Through my learning, I took any session I could get. I volunteered to shoot my sister’s maternity session, other sister’s engagement, niece’s first birthday, and any and every session I could get volunteers for. How cool is it that my family would let me capture these incredible times in their lives? I LOVED documenting those times, but through all of those sessions, I learned what continued to bring me back session after session—the way they made people feel.
I’m fueled by delivering a product that makes people feel something.
I want your photos to show the love you have for your S.O. at first glance, and the bond between a mother and her babe. I thrive off of interaction and helping others (enneagram 2 here) so it’s no surprise that I want to serve my clients and give them the best experience possible.
If you don’t meet me behind the camera, you may find me perusing the fridge for my second snack or getting in a quick lift. The gym has always been my mental escape—I guess that’s a byproduct of being enrolled in sports ever since I could run! I also spend a lot of time illustrating, or water coloring. You can see more of my work on my Etsy page (linked below) and I plan to talk more about my Etsy startup in another post. I’m wildly inspired by nature and botany and you’ll find these things scattered through my work.
I’m so thankful you’re here, and I hope I get the chance to work with you all. Welcome to my blog: Meet Brooke Elise Clark!
15 FUN FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I’m lefthanded AND left-footed (the only weirdo in my family)
- Me and my niece share a middle name (Brooke Elise & Clarke Elise…sometimes I find myself adding an “e” to my last name, whoops)
- My sisters are truly my best friends ❤️
- I’ve once eaten Mexican food for all three meals (and would easily do it again)
- I have designed a punny food coloring book
- I’ve been to Alaska and lived in Washington State for 8 months
- My favorite store is a tossup between Lululemon and Hobby Lobby
- I’m practically addicted to Vaseline Lip Therapy
- I can’t pick a favorite color (how is a designer to chose???)
- I could eat my momma’s spaghetti for breakfast (it’s okay, she’s Italian)
- Sometimes I sing the things I’m doing (Iiii’m juuuuust reaaaallllly huuuuungrrryyy)
- I’m obsessed with all things stationery/stickers/markers
- I have the cutest/sweetest parents in the world!
- I ha-ha-ha-hate running
- Valentine’s day is my favorite holiday (what can I say, I’m a sap)
Some photos of the people who are closest to my heart ❤️
Thanks for taking the time to read more about me and the startup of my business Brooke Elise Creative. ❤️
Meet Brooke Elise
Hi, I’m Brooke. Owner of Brooke Blane Photography. Here you’ll find behind-the-scenes snapshots of photo sessions, art-related ventures, and a sprinkle here and there of personal articles. Head over to my website Brookeblane.com or shoot me an email at Brooke@Brookeblane.com if you want to chat 🙂 Looking forward to hearing from you!